As part of the NF-POGO Centre of Excellence in Observational Oceanography, a training course is conducted in a host country for a period of 2-4 weeks on a specific topics relating to observational oceanography.
Past Regional Training Programmes have included:
- An extensive graduate level course in ocean biology/geochemistry at the Instituto de Estudos do Mar Almirante Paulo Moreira, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2009.
- A training programme on the Application of Ocean Color Remote Sensing for Study of Marine and Coastal Processes and related Bio-Resources at the Institute of Oceanography (IO) in Nha Trang, Vietnam in 2011.
- A training programme in the Application of ocean colour remote sensing in Primary Productivity and Ecosystem Modeling at the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad and National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India in 2012.
- A training course to provide interdisciplinary knowledge on Harmful Algal Blooms (HAB) dynamics, including physical, chemical and biological aspects of HABs at the Bolinao Marine Laboratory in Pangasinan, Philippines in 2014.
- A training course on Phytoplankton Bio-optical Variability: Application to the Study of Coastal Systems at the University of Baja California in Ensenada, Mexico in 2015
More details on past training courses can be seen on the webpage of the NF-POGO Alumni Network.
Reports from past Regional Training Programmes: